Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail notifications not showing on lock screen

I think others have posted about this, but I have been experiencing problems with iCloud mail notifications on the lockscreen with recent iOS updates. Other notifications show up - it is just the apple mail app that I use for my iCloud mail. All settings are as they should be, accounts deleted and re-added, device switched off and on etc.

Sometimes several emails deliver at one time if I open the app, sometimes the banner appears if the phone is unlocked, but there is only very rarely a notification on the lock screen - and not until quite some time after the email has been sent.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 11:57 PM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2017 1:33 PM in response to ste_72

Hello ste_72!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that you are not getting Mail notifications on your lock screen. I know how important it is to be able to see and preview what emails you receive as you get them. You did some good troubleshooting on your own already. Let's see if we can look at some other things on your iPhone that might be causing this and find a solution.

You mentioned that all settings are as they should be. What about Notification settings for Mail? If you haven't already done so, take a look at your notification style settings for Mail, as mentioned in this article called Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch :

Change alert styles and settings for notifications

Customize your notifications with different alert styles so you can quickly act on emails, calendar invites, messages, and more.To add or change an alert style for a notification, go to Settings > Notifications and select an app. Here are some alert styles that you can choose:
User uploaded file

• Allow Notifications: Turn on to get notifications from the app you selected.
  • Sounds: Have an app play a sound to alert you when you receive a notification.
  • Show on Lock Screen: Turn on to see notifications from the app on your Lock screen.
  • Show in History: See previous notifications from the app you select.
  • Banners: Choose how you want notifications to appear when your device is unlocked. Tap Temporary to have alerts appear on the screen and then go away. Or tap Persistent to have alerts stay on the screen until you act on it.
  • Show Previews: Choose what you want to see when you get a notification, like a text message.

I hope this information is helpful!

Kindest Regards

iCloud mail notifications not showing on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.