Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Swipe Not Working

The swipe left/right function to change watch faces either doesn't work at all or, when it does, I have to do it very slowly and very deliberately. Even then it often gets half way across then jumps back to the original position. It worked much better when it was new.

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 6:11 AM

Hi

If your Apple Watch does not respond to touchscreen inputs as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove any screen protector, case or bumper that you may have fitted to your Apple Watch.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Clean and dry your Apple Watch, being sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions:

Restart (normally) your Apple Watch and iPhone, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, next unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2017 6:11 AM in response to Tdog254

Hi

If your Apple Watch does not respond to touchscreen inputs as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove any screen protector, case or bumper that you may have fitted to your Apple Watch.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

Clean and dry your Apple Watch, being sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions:

Restart (normally) your Apple Watch and iPhone, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, next unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Nov 21, 2017 6:28 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Thanks Jonathan

• I don’t have a screen protector
  • Watch and phone are up-to-date on software
  • Watch face is nice and clean.
  • I will proceed down the path of
    • simultaneously restarting phone/watch
    • pairing/unpairing
    • contacting apple support
    • etc., etc.
    • or I may just tolerate the loss of this function.

Regarding the latter items I can never quite escape the irony (or irritation) of how much of my time and effort I have to commit to devices meant to save me time and effort. I actually do have a job besides getting my apple devices to do the things they profess to do so well.

I’m betting this is a known issue that Apple can correct. If so, I’d love to hear a direct approach beyond try this then try that.

Nov 21, 2017 6:38 AM in response to Tdog254

Tdog254 wrote:

.. Regarding the latter items I can never quite escape the irony (or irritation) of how much of my time and effort I have to commit to devices meant to save me time and effort. I actually do have a job besides getting my apple devices to do the things they profess to do so well.

I’m betting this is a known issue that Apple can correct. If so, I’d love to hear a direct approach beyond try this then try that.

I'm afraid that I can't say whether or not it is a known issue. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

If the issue persists after following the steps suggested in my previous reply and you would like to send feedback to Apple (you should not typically expect to receive a reply), then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

If you would prefer to discuss the matter with Apple, then contact options include:

Nov 26, 2017 8:09 AM in response to Tdog254

This started for me with the last OS update. I have the smaller 38mm. Now when I swipe I’m lucky to get halfway to the new face. It seems like the code was written for the larger watch face. The text display has also changed to a larger scroll. I know this since I receive a token code 4-5 times a day. Before this last update I simply looked at my watch. After the update I need to scroll down for the token. This renders that convenience dead.

Perhaps Apple is looking to phase out the smaller size and this is just a precurser to that. Bummer since the larger watches are actually larger than my wrist.

Apple Watch Swipe Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.