Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add gift card to wallet?

I have 2 gift cards that I want to add to my Apple account to use for buying music. How do I do this?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 8:47 AM

You don't add them to Apple Wallet; you redeem them using the instructions in Redeem App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, Apple Music Gift Cards, and content codes - Apple Support

6 replies

Mar 17, 2018 9:10 AM in response to DLMartin

DLMartin wrote:

My Apple Store gift cards specifically state on the back, “Add to the Wallet app on your iOS device.” There are no further instructions and the “+” sign seems to lead to the ability to scan only a new credit card. It doesn’t recognize the gift card. There must be something I’m missing.

The original question was about adding a gift card for buying music -- i.e., an iTunes Gift Card, not an Apple Store gift card. I don't know much about the Apple Store gift card but I have seen some old posts that discuss peeling off a sticker on the back of the card to reveal a QR code which you scan. If that doesn't help you may want to start a new post with a topic that mentions Apple Store cards and Wallet.

how do I add gift card to wallet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.