Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate an iPhone without wi-fi

I'm bringing two new iphones to a place where there is no wi-fi. The new owners that are getting the phones, do not have a credit card either.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2017 12:00 PM

Hello mattis2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you need to set up two new iPhones where there is no Wi-Fi. As long as there is cellular data available you should still be able to set up the iPhones. As for not having a credit card if they do not currently each have an Apple ID you can set up new Apple ID accounts that do not need a payment method.

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, a cellular network, or iTunes to activate and continue setting up your device.

Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - Apple Support

Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2017 12:00 PM in response to mattis2

Hello mattis2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you need to set up two new iPhones where there is no Wi-Fi. As long as there is cellular data available you should still be able to set up the iPhones. As for not having a credit card if they do not currently each have an Apple ID you can set up new Apple ID accounts that do not need a payment method.

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, a cellular network, or iTunes to activate and continue setting up your device.

Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Nov 22, 2017 12:08 PM in response to sterling r

Thank you for a useful reply. Here is another question:

Both cellphones are iPhone 6. The IOS version I'm not sure about, most likely 10 or 11 Does this mean that before any activation can happen, a newer IOS has to be installed (i have experienced that before)? That will take forever down there (Jamaica).

It seems that most of the instructions here require an environment that is pretty different from where i'm going to.

How to activate an iPhone without wi-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.