Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music stopping after locking phone

Hi guys,

I'll get straight to the point: the music player and the music stops on my iPhone X whenever I lock my phone. If I want to play music i'll have to lock the phone first, tap it to wake it up and then press play on the music player in the Control Centre. I don't know if my headphones are a factor (Beats by Dre Powerbeats 2 Wireless) but it stopped happening temporarily when I untethered and removed the connection entirely and reconnecting them once again to the phone. After using a while, the problem comes back again....

I tried looking around the Settings (General, Bluetooth, Sounds & Haptics and Music) and couldn't find a fix for it. Could someone point me to a fix for this or is this a bug in the iOS system? It's kinda driving me nuts since I have to lock it then tap it to keep the music playing....its just inconvenient as well as mood-breaking.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Ivan

(Just for the record, my phone is a 64GB iPhone X using the latest iOS 11.1.2 firmware)

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 9:11 PM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2017 3:36 PM in response to fragment424

Hello fragment424,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone X. I am happy to check this out with you.

First, I recommend force closing the Music app: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Test if the issue is still occurring. If it is, or if it comes back, and since it worked properly when you unpaired and re-paired the headphones, but the issue came back, I recommend reinstalling the iOS. Please make a backup of your data prior to doing this step: You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once your data is backed up, you can reinstall the iOS using this help article: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4 which says:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

Once your iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

music stopping after locking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.