Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s battery recall

I have an iphone 6S that has a battery problem (possibly as a result of some minor water damage about 18 months ago). The phone still works but the battery life is poor and only lasts a few hrs. In the process of searching for a replacement battery I came across the "recall" and my phone qualified for a free battery replacement.

I backed it up, wiped it and sent it to the Apple Care people in Toronto.

They returned it without replacing the battery (claiming that water damage trumps the battery recall program) and now I have a phone that does not even turn on...complete BS.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2017 4:30 PM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2017 4:46 PM in response to jtompaa

Why are you surprised by this? Apple is not responsible for your negligence. If you got your phone wet, and your battery issue is a direct result of that, that’s on you, mate.

And, if by some chance the battery issue ISN’T related to the water damage, there isn’t a reliable way to prove that.

I’m sorry, but you’re at fault here, and as such would need to pay whatever the accidental damage repair fees are. Take better care of your things.

Iphone 6s battery recall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.