Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search filter on iOS YouTube app no longer work

Can no longer use search filter in iOS YouTube app. Is there but does not work.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Nov 23, 2017 12:02 PM

5 replies

Nov 24, 2017 9:26 AM in response to chanus62

Hi there, chanus62.

After reviewing your post, it appears that the YouTube application isn't allow you to search. I'm happy to help.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close the YouTube application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, you can offload the YouTube application, then reinstall it again. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, scroll to the YouTube application and tap "Offload App". Once the application has been removed, reinstall it again and test.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Dec 9, 2017 8:54 PM in response to Scientifix

Nevertheless I tried these steps and it still doesn’t work.

If the Youtube app launches without issue, any other app feature would be the responsibility of the developer to support.

You were given a set of basic iOS steps meant to isolate the issue. It seems to prove iOS is unrelated to your problem.

Youtube Support would be the next logical step,

Search filter on iOS YouTube app no longer work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.