Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 08x00...with Windows 10

I try to be the family troubleshooter for Windows with my family....however, there is a persistent problem that I cannot seem to overcome on some of their computers and their friends' computers using Windows 10 only (Windows 7 & 8 - fine, no issues).

Upon connecting their iphone to iTunes (latest ver) to Windows 10, they get the 08x00... error. I do autoruns and all else. I have not delved into anything more technically advanced, as I wanted to ask your thoughts here, first, before proceeding.

It's definitely isolated to Windows 10 and iTunes. I contacted Microsoft and received no help unfortunately nor any explanation. They did tell me to uninstall and reinstall again, which I had done on each one to no avail.

I'm definitely missing something on this one - just not sure where the best place to begin is.

Your thoughts on this and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Posted on Nov 23, 2017 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2017 1:21 PM

You might start with this article:

Find an iTunes error code - Apple Support

The only 0x800... error code I see is:

If you see error 0x80090318 when you try to open the iTunes Store - Apple Support

The only other troubleshooting advice I can give you is from turingtest2's Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section at:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

"The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall."

There is lots of other good info in the turingtest2 guide that you may want to keep handy if you are the troubleshooter for your family.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2017 1:21 PM in response to liv0123

You might start with this article:

Find an iTunes error code - Apple Support

The only 0x800... error code I see is:

If you see error 0x80090318 when you try to open the iTunes Store - Apple Support

The only other troubleshooting advice I can give you is from turingtest2's Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section at:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

"The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall."

There is lots of other good info in the turingtest2 guide that you may want to keep handy if you are the troubleshooter for your family.

iTunes 08x00...with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.