Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing is on, but icloud storage says it is nearly full.

I keep getting messages that my icloud storage is almost full (4.8GB out of 5GB), yet we have family sharing enabled and there is 195GB of storage remaining. Why does it keep telling me I need to upgrade my storage?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2017 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2017 12:48 PM

Did you follow all of the steps here:

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

Basically, the family organizer must have the 200GB or 2TB iCloud storage plan, iOS 11, and choose to share it with family members by sending them invitations and they must then opt to join. If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

If for some reason, you bought the 200GB or 2TB plan and it is not showing on your device, try signing out of iCloud, then restart or force restart it, and then sign back into iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2017 12:48 PM in response to UncorkOntario

Did you follow all of the steps here:

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

Basically, the family organizer must have the 200GB or 2TB iCloud storage plan, iOS 11, and choose to share it with family members by sending them invitations and they must then opt to join. If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

If for some reason, you bought the 200GB or 2TB plan and it is not showing on your device, try signing out of iCloud, then restart or force restart it, and then sign back into iCloud.

Family sharing is on, but icloud storage says it is nearly full.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.