Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Incoming Calls on Apple Watch

When I have an incoming call on my phone (iPhone X, iOS 11.1.2), nothing is displayed on my apple watch (watchOS 4.1). There's no call control (answer/hangup), and no missed call in the notifications log.

I have checked the notification options. The watch app is set to "mirror my iPhone". But otherwise, I've tried to enable custom settings; all options enabled...nothing different...same results.

I do not have DND enabled.

I can make outgoing calls from the watch.

I'm stumped. This worked fine on my iPhone 6s Plus. I got my X on November 3rd. Can't remember if it worked at all, or if this is a recent symptom.

Any ideas?

On a possible related note...while sitting here testing this...I noticed that missed calls are not displaying on my home screen on the iPhone, either. I see reminder messages...I see missed txt messages. But not missed calls.

iPhone X, iOS 11.1, null

Posted on Nov 25, 2017 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2017 9:59 AM

Hi

Alerts for incoming calls should be delivered to both devices. If they are not being delivered on your Apple Watch as expected, then the following steps may help:

Check for and install any available updates for your iPhone and Apple Watch, starting with your iPhone:

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Passcode > turn Wrist Detection on.

Check your Phone settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Phone.
  • Choose Custom and select your preferred settings under each of Alerts and Ringtone, including checking that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.

Check that Theatre Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

Check that Do Not Disturb mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

• When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up to open Control Centre.
  • Tap the Do Not Disturb button (crescent moon icon) to toggle the setting on / off.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:

• Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
  • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.
  • Check that Haptic Strength is set to the middle or far right hand side of the slider.

Confirm directly on your Apple Watch that Silent Mode is not enabled:

• When viewing the time on your watch: swipe up on the screen to open Control Centre > check whether Silent Mode (button with a crossed out bell icon) is enabled.

Check that your Apple Watch is connected:

The following further steps may also help:

Close the Phone app on your iPhone and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first;

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2017 9:59 AM in response to mwgfromearth

Hi

Alerts for incoming calls should be delivered to both devices. If they are not being delivered on your Apple Watch as expected, then the following steps may help:

Check for and install any available updates for your iPhone and Apple Watch, starting with your iPhone:

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Passcode > turn Wrist Detection on.

Check your Phone settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Phone.
  • Choose Custom and select your preferred settings under each of Alerts and Ringtone, including checking that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.

Check that Theatre Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

Check that Do Not Disturb mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

• When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up to open Control Centre.
  • Tap the Do Not Disturb button (crescent moon icon) to toggle the setting on / off.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:

• Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
  • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.
  • Check that Haptic Strength is set to the middle or far right hand side of the slider.

Confirm directly on your Apple Watch that Silent Mode is not enabled:

• When viewing the time on your watch: swipe up on the screen to open Control Centre > check whether Silent Mode (button with a crossed out bell icon) is enabled.

Check that your Apple Watch is connected:

The following further steps may also help:

Close the Phone app on your iPhone and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first;

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

No Incoming Calls on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.