You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import already imported photos after deleting the folder in photos on Mac

I Imported a large photo folder to my Albums. Then I deleted the photo folder so I can re-import them again but this time click on the keep the photos organized.

But it won't re-import the already imported photos. I see the imported photos under Imports but I am unable to copy and paste them into the original folder which is now empty!

I need assistant please on how to re-import my photos after deleting the photo folders.

Thank you

Nilou

AppleTV 2

Posted on Nov 25, 2017 7:54 PM

8 replies

Nov 26, 2017 10:18 AM in response to Niloufar7

Your post arrived in the correct forum 🙂

When the import was complete during the second Time the folder name would appear but no photos in the folder. I see all the previously imported photos under imports but I can’t copy and paste or drag them into my folder.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. You can drag photos to albums, but not to folders. So you need to drag your imported photos to an album and then drag this album to your folder.

• Select the folder in the sidebar and open it.
  • Then select the reimported photos in "Imports", then use "File > New album with selection". This should create an album with your photos. If the album has not been created in the open folder, drag the album to the folder.

Nov 25, 2017 8:02 PM in response to Niloufar7

No idea - we need more information

what version of the OS do you have? what exactly did you do? Did you delete the source folder of photos using the finder or did you delete the photos form iPhoto after you imported them?

In Photos folders are not for photos, they are only for other folders or albums - if you want the photos in an album in Photos then select them in the import window and go to the file menu ==> new album form selection (n photos) and create the album

In general you do not use copy and paste with Photos - you select and create or you drag photos to existing albums

LN

Nov 25, 2017 8:26 PM in response to LarryHN

Hi there, thank you for your quick response.

I have a Mac desktop with everything up to date. I imported a photo folder from an external hard drive. During the import I forgot to click on keep folders organize. After the import was complete. I decided to delete the phot folder so I can re-import but this time check mark the keep folders organized during import.

When the import was complete during the second Time the folder name would appear but no photos in the folder. I see all the previously imported photos under imports but I can’t copy and paste or drag them into my folder.

Nov 26, 2017 4:13 PM in response to Niloufar7

Ok - that is not iPhoto where you posted but Photos - a totally different produec

still as posted

In Photos folders are not for photos, they are only for other folders or albums - if you want the photos in an album in Photos then select them in the import window and go to the file menu ==> new album form selection (n photos) and create the album

In general you do not use copy and paste with Photos - you select and create or you drag photos to existing albums

And if you select photos in the Imports album and go to the file menu ==> create new album for selection what exactly happens?

LN

How to import already imported photos after deleting the folder in photos on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.