Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download Bootcamp Drivers?

I have a 2017 MBP 128GB (no Touch Bar) and I installed Win10 Home using Bootcamp (no USB Stick). I logged into Windows (without a product key) for the first time and when the Bootcamp Drivers installation popup came, I accidentally clicked cancel. I realised my mistake, deleted the partition and reinstalled it again but now the Bootcamp Drivers popup doesn't even show up. I signed it with the same username and password the second time if that makes any difference. Please respond ASAP as I need Win10 soon.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 26, 2017 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2017 6:17 AM

You can use Action -> Download as shown...

User uploaded file

5 replies

Nov 26, 2017 2:04 PM in response to NavyWhite

With the new High Sierra OS, I think they forgot to give Bootcamp users love by updating.

I had to find the downloads manually because Bootcamp was not functioning properly. The below link should be helpful.

System requirements to install Windows using Boot Camp for macOS - Apple Support

Keep in mind, there are current issues with switching back to MAC OS from Windows. The following support link is the work-around apple has provided. Hasn't worked for me since the new Windows 10 update doesn't do a full reboot. I had to hold the power button down for a full shut off, and ended up using Command-R to get me into recovery mode so I can select the boot-up drive...Pain in the butt.

How to switch between Windows and macOS in macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Hopefully they come up with a fix. It shouldn't be more painful!!!

Nov 26, 2017 2:06 PM in response to Loner T

With the new High Sierra OS, I think they forgot to give Bootcamp users love by updating.

I had to find the downloads manually because Bootcamp was not functioning properly. The Screen shot listed above was not helpful, because it did not associate there was an installed version of bootcamp already on the mac! The below link should be helpful.

System requirements to install Windows using Boot Camp for macOS - Apple Support

Keep in mind, there are current issues with switching back to MAC OS from Windows. The following support link is the work-around apple has provided. Hasn't worked for me since the new Windows 10 update doesn't do a full reboot. I had to hold the power button down for a full shut off, and ended up using Command-R to get me into recovery mode so I can select the boot-up drive...Pain in the butt.

How to switch between Windows and macOS in macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Hopefully they come up with a fix. It shouldn't be more painful!!!

Nov 26, 2017 2:29 PM in response to Smitty1c

Smitty1c wrote:

I had to find the downloads manually because Bootcamp was not functioning properly. The Screen shot listed above was not helpful, because it did not associate there was an installed version of bootcamp already on the mac!

The context is OP's W10 request and the versions of macOS being El Capitan, Sierra or High Sierra. 😉

If some Mac features don't work when running Windows in Boot Camp - Apple Support shows an old BC Assistant UI. Also, see Bootcamp User Interface . Brigadier (GitHub - timsutton/brigadier: Fetch and install Boot Camp ESDs with ease.) is another option.

Nov 26, 2017 2:52 PM in response to Loner T

Sorry, I had the new MBP with the touch bar that originally came with Sierra. I installed Windows 10 on Sierra to use when I first got it. I have since upgraded to High Sierra where I started noticing the problems. To be fair, while trying to perform updates Windows 10 in boot camp, it downloaded and installed the anniversary version (not sure if this was the direct cause or something else). Since I couldn't boot back into Mac from Windows (Restart in OSX), I tried to reload the Windows drivers, which is where I was noticing the High Sierra Bootcamp was not recognizing the Bootcamp partition already installed (typically this is where I went to download the windows drivers).

Long story short, they have a work-around that will get you back to OSX from bootcamp (link listed in my accidental double post), but with the new updated version of W10, it makes it a little more tricky (Windows Restart or shutdown keeps you in windows bootmgr for faster recovery).

Not sure if the post was helpful, but I was definitely trying to save someone the same headache. 🙂

How to download Bootcamp Drivers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.