Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Amazon icon to Dock

I have seen this subject here before, but the answers weren't really responsive. When I say "icon" I mean something like this:https://www.google.com/search?q=amazon+icon&client=opera&hs=CzT&source=lnms&tbm= isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIh5OS3t_XAhWnqlQKH…

My question is, how can I add icons like these icons to my Dock? Oh, and use them to access the site, of course.

Safari 11.0.1-OTHER

Posted on Nov 27, 2017 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2017 5:46 PM

1. Drag the url to the desktop (or another folder) to create a shortcut.
  2. Copy the icon you want to use.
  3. Open a "Get Info" window (Command-I) on the shortcut created in step 1.
  4. Cick the icon on the Info window.
  5. Paste.
  6. Drag the shortcut file to your Dock.
  7. Move the shortcut file to a place where it doesn't get in your way, if desired. Don't delete it.

You will probably want to tweak the image that you paste, so that it's got a transparent background (you might be able to find an image like this already prepared) and is a size that fits with the rest of your Dock icons.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2017 5:46 PM in response to Niku

1. Drag the url to the desktop (or another folder) to create a shortcut.
  2. Copy the icon you want to use.
  3. Open a "Get Info" window (Command-I) on the shortcut created in step 1.
  4. Cick the icon on the Info window.
  5. Paste.
  6. Drag the shortcut file to your Dock.
  7. Move the shortcut file to a place where it doesn't get in your way, if desired. Don't delete it.

You will probably want to tweak the image that you paste, so that it's got a transparent background (you might be able to find an image like this already prepared) and is a size that fits with the rest of your Dock icons.

Adding Amazon icon to Dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.