Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x ring tone sound fades in and out randomly

Hello All

My Iphone x ring tone sounds fade in and out ramdomly. I have tried differant ring tones and still have the same problem.

anyone else having this problem?

Any fixs for this ?

Thanks

Rosie

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2017 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2017 5:10 PM

Hey rosita1726,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're experiencing varying volumes when you receive calls. This may be expected behavior and I'd be happy to explain why. Your iPhone X includes a feature called Attention Aware which intelligently activates your TrueDepth camera and includes benefits like dimming your display if you aren’t looking at your device or lowering the volume of alerts if you're looking at your device.

You can learn more about this in the link below as well as how to adjust this to better suit your needs.
Face ID and attention aware features (iPhone X)

If you have physical limitations, you can tap Accessibility Options during Face ID setup so that you aren’t required to perform the full range of head motion to capture different angles. Face ID is still secure but requires more consistency in how you look at iPhone X. To set up Face ID, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.

For additional security, iPhone X is attention aware, meaning it unlocks only when you look at it with your eyes open. iPhone X can also reveal notifications and messages, keep the screen lit when you’re reading, or lower the volume of an alarm or ringer.

If you don’t want iPhone X to check for your attention, go to Settings > Accessibility. Below Attention, you can turn off:

• Require Attention for Face ID

• Attention Aware Features

These settings are turned off by default if you turn on VoiceOver when you first set up iPhone X.

Note: Requiring attention makes Face ID more secure.

Hope this helps.

Regards
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2017 5:10 PM in response to rosita1726

Hey rosita1726,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're experiencing varying volumes when you receive calls. This may be expected behavior and I'd be happy to explain why. Your iPhone X includes a feature called Attention Aware which intelligently activates your TrueDepth camera and includes benefits like dimming your display if you aren’t looking at your device or lowering the volume of alerts if you're looking at your device.

You can learn more about this in the link below as well as how to adjust this to better suit your needs.
Face ID and attention aware features (iPhone X)

If you have physical limitations, you can tap Accessibility Options during Face ID setup so that you aren’t required to perform the full range of head motion to capture different angles. Face ID is still secure but requires more consistency in how you look at iPhone X. To set up Face ID, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.

For additional security, iPhone X is attention aware, meaning it unlocks only when you look at it with your eyes open. iPhone X can also reveal notifications and messages, keep the screen lit when you’re reading, or lower the volume of an alarm or ringer.

If you don’t want iPhone X to check for your attention, go to Settings > Accessibility. Below Attention, you can turn off:

• Require Attention for Face ID

• Attention Aware Features

These settings are turned off by default if you turn on VoiceOver when you first set up iPhone X.

Note: Requiring attention makes Face ID more secure.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Iphone x ring tone sound fades in and out randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.