Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix my ipad screen with a white screen and black smudged border?

Hi there, today I was just using my IPad Air 2, and after a while I noticed that my screen turned completely blank (white) with a black smudged halo around it. I can't navigate out of it and it is constantly stuck there. At times, it would be a black screen with a white border. I've recently downloaded the latest IOS 11 btw, and idk if it's because of this update that's causing this. I've tried force-resetting by pressing either the home & off button, or home & volume button, and nothing works.

Please helpp 🙏 Thank you!

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 29, 2017 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2017 2:40 PM

Hello gabrieltan,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPad Air 2 is stuck at a white screen with a black "halo" around the edge. You have also tried doing a force restart of the iPad, but the issue remains. Based on the issue and troubleshooting you have tried, your best next step would be to Contact Apple Support directly for other options.

Best regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2017 2:40 PM in response to gabrieltan

Hello gabrieltan,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPad Air 2 is stuck at a white screen with a black "halo" around the edge. You have also tried doing a force restart of the iPad, but the issue remains. Based on the issue and troubleshooting you have tried, your best next step would be to Contact Apple Support directly for other options.

Best regards.

How do I fix my ipad screen with a white screen and black smudged border?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.