Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery usage by app not showing iPhone6

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 11.1.2 installed and the battery usage by app under the "battery" page is no longer showing. Just to confirm I've always been able to see since I bought the phone.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Nuno

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 11:31 AM

Hello NunoVM,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to see battery usage by app at Settings > Battery on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please force close the Settings app and restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still having this issue, your next step is to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2017 11:31 AM in response to NunoVM

Hello NunoVM,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to see battery usage by app at Settings > Battery on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please force close the Settings app and restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still having this issue, your next step is to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!

Jan 17, 2018 7:36 AM in response to NunoVM

i've been having the same issue for quite some time and nothing i did (restart, resetting settings, updating apps, a new ios update etc.) was able to fix it.

since my iphone had some other problems too (it restarted on its own once or twice a day for example), i decided to restore it and although i am not sure if it fixed the restarting issue, it did fix the battery usage not showing!

restoring an iphone can be annoying since it takes time, but it's worth it! i just hope it fixed the restarting issue too

battery usage by app not showing iPhone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.