Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 USB-C issues

Does anyone else out there have issues with USB-C ports wearing out very quickly to the point of having to restart the Mac to get use back sometimes. Many times I have to reboot to be able to charge my iphone 6S on the right side ports.

I also had an issue with HDMI causing the Mac to lock up when I unplugged it, but that seemed to be fixed with the system update.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 7:18 PM

Hello blackrabbit1000,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your USB-C ports. Since the issue returns after you restart, I recommend trying an SMC reset.

This aritcle will help: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Thanks and have a wonderful evening.
3 replies

Dec 1, 2017 11:43 AM in response to blackrabbit1000

I can fix it by restarting so your process is really no different.

You miss the point, resetting SMC changes the settings for the SMC, restarting does not change any settings.

Did you reset the SMC and what was the result?

Further, not all rechargeable items will charge correctly from MacBooks, far more effective to use a mains charger.

MacBook Pro 2017 USB-C issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.