Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import special format videos from camera SD card in High Sierra Photos App

I used to be able to import ".MTS" format video from my camera, a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5. At the time, I was using Sierra. But after upgrading to High Sierra, I cannot import these videos anymore. Now, it only imports the ".RW2" photos on my SD card. Why can I no longer import ".MTS" videos? Was this feature removed? I need this feature because the Photos app allows me to export them as a standard ".MOV" format.

Mac mini (Late 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2017 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2017 3:37 PM

Since upgrading to High Sierra I cannot import the AVCHD video streams (MTS) to Photos either.

I am using the work-around to open them in iMovie, stabilize them, then export them in. a supported format and import them to Photos.

3 replies

Dec 10, 2017 4:31 PM in response to cutekids100

I have one machine still on Sierra, so I import then export there. Then I'm able to import on High Sierra's Photos, because it is now a MOV container and not AVCHD. That's not a great solution for most people.

I had seen some Stackoverflow posts about using Handbrake to transcode it. However, I don't believe anything that heavyweight is necessary, since it is really about getting the H.264 data from a AVCHD container to a MOV one.

Can't import special format videos from camera SD card in High Sierra Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.