Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dns problems

Hi,

With High sierra and Mac Book Pro 2013, I have, everyday, problems to connect Internet (WIFI OK) : I have found the problem : by cancelling all the DNS addresses in the WIFI rules, connection is good!

But everyday, I must make that!

Sorry for my english language (french)...

thanks in advance

Paul

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 1, 2017 9:06 AM

3 replies

Dec 4, 2017 3:49 PM in response to caducée0615

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities caducée0615,

I see that you're having an issue with your internet connection on your MacBook Pro. I can understand your concern and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you take a look at this article for some help with the internet connection on your MacBook Pro:

Check for Wi-Fi issues using your Mac
You can also try starting up into safe mode and see if the issue persists and testing on another user account:
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac​
Let me know how this goes.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Dec 4, 2017 4:48 PM in response to caducée0615

The DNS server settings can come from 2 places

Look in the System Preferences > Network > Advanced tab, DNS to view the servers. Once the panel is unlocked you can tell which source set the servers…

1. If the router supplies some default DNS servers the setting on OS X will be grey.

2. If the DNS servers are set manually the text will be black.

I'd consider manually adding a different set of DNS servers as a test - try Googles DNS servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Or find ones from OpenDNS.org or http://quad9.net/

Save the settings & see if the internet works.

This has some info on DNS

http://osxdaily.com/2015/12/05/change-dns-server-settings-mac-os-x/

dns problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.