Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you share playlists in apple music family plan?

When subscribed to Apple Music Family plan I am not able to share a Playlist with other devices. It seems each family member must build playlists from their own access to the library. I tried returning to Apple Music individual plan where I can play downloaded Apple Music on my phone, ipad and apple TV, yet the songs will not be allowed to play on a itunes family member's phone. Why can I no longer share playlists with this service?

Posted on Dec 2, 2017 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 2:33 PM

Hi there T - B0ne.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about how to share playlists you've made in Apple Music with friends and family. I love sharing playlists and I'll be happy to help you.

From this article Create and share playlists

Share a playlist

You can make your playlists public and send them to friends.

Make a playlist public

When you create a playlist, make sure to turn on "Show on My Profile and in Search" to make your playlist public. When you make a playlist public, people can find it using Search.

Send a playlist to a friend

You can send your playlists to friends through Messages, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, using AirDrop, and more. To share a playlist, find the playlist that you want to share, then follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap User uploaded file, then Share Playlist User uploaded file.
  • On your Mac or PC: Click User uploaded file, then Share Playlist.
  • On your Android phone, tap the Share icon User uploaded file to see your sharing options.

When you choose how you want to share your playlist, a new window opens in the app that you chose and a link to your playlist appears. In some apps, you can add a message before sending your playlist.

I think you're on the right track, but in order to share a playlist you must make it public. Please let me know that this resolved your issue.

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2017 2:33 PM in response to T - B0ne

Hi there T - B0ne.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about how to share playlists you've made in Apple Music with friends and family. I love sharing playlists and I'll be happy to help you.

From this article Create and share playlists

Share a playlist

You can make your playlists public and send them to friends.

Make a playlist public

When you create a playlist, make sure to turn on "Show on My Profile and in Search" to make your playlist public. When you make a playlist public, people can find it using Search.

Send a playlist to a friend

You can send your playlists to friends through Messages, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, using AirDrop, and more. To share a playlist, find the playlist that you want to share, then follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap User uploaded file, then Share Playlist User uploaded file.
  • On your Mac or PC: Click User uploaded file, then Share Playlist.
  • On your Android phone, tap the Share icon User uploaded file to see your sharing options.

When you choose how you want to share your playlist, a new window opens in the app that you chose and a link to your playlist appears. In some apps, you can add a message before sending your playlist.

I think you're on the right track, but in order to share a playlist you must make it public. Please let me know that this resolved your issue.

Take care.

How do you share playlists in apple music family plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.