Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos project extensions are here

As listed in this Apple support document:

https://support.apple.com/guide/photos/create-projects-with-third-party-extensio ns-pht79eabc799/mac

You can use third-party extensions to create projects such as print products, slideshows, and customized websites. Go to the Mac App Store and look for apps that include Photos project extensions, then download and install them to use them with Photos.

This is very good news indeed. I like to work with Photos for Mac, but the current support for projects (books, calendars, slideshows) is very limited and basic.

I found the first apps, that offer project extensions at the AppS tore:

• ifolor designer: Create books, calendars, order prints, free
  • GoodTimes Collages 21.99€
  • Wix photo Albums: Online Web Galleries, free
  • White Wall: Create Wall Arrangements of Photos, free
  • Mimeo Photos: Photobooks, cards, calendars, free

Has anyone tried these new extensions and can give recommendations?

To search the AppStore for Photos project extensions, we can use this search string:

appex:com.apple.photo-project

And to search the AppStore for more photo editing extensions, use:

appex:com.apple.photo-editing

The project extensions will appear, once installed, when we click the ➕ to the right of "projects" in the sidebar:

User uploaded file

Published as a User Tip here: Photos Project Extensions Are Here

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, 1TB

Posted on Dec 2, 2017 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2017 1:08 PM

I saw those, too, léonie, thanks.

I read the reviews of each - but was a little put off that so many reviews were negative. One, though, appeared to have all its reviews written by the same person, albeit worded slightly differently, using different accounts. I reported the concern.

3 replies

Dec 3, 2017 2:31 AM in response to Mark Sealey

Thank you, Mark. I can only see the reviews at the German App Store, because I am in Germany. There, many of the comments are positive, but do not tell us much about the apps.

But I am optimistic, that we may soon be seeing really versatile project extensions, now that it is possible to write them for Photos. Something as good as the custom books we could order for Aperture, or slideshow themes, that will allow us to show metadata in a slideshow.

Photos project extensions are here

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.