Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch dialpad needs * and # keys added BEFORE call initiation...

My phone number is inherently blocked from showing my Caller ID with my carrier (T-Mobile) and in order to unblock my number for outgoing calls on a one-off/call by call basis, I need to add a *31# prefix to the number BEFORE dialing (i.e. to dial someone with my number unblocked I would need to dial: *31#12125551234, as opposed to simply dialing: 12125551234). Anyway, since my Series 3 LTE Apple Watch (Watch OS 4.1) dialpad does NOT feature a * or a # key until AFTER the call is initiated, I cannot unblock my number without either having to either store that number to my contacts on my phone first (an impractical solution for one-off/random calls) or by using SIRI to dial the number for me (impractical, inconvenient, lack of privacy). A phone dialpad only has 13 characters...10 digits, a *, a # and sometimes a +). Why were the * and # left off of the Watch dialpad? Can't all of the non-numerical characters be added as a single key that highlights when held to access all 3 options...or possibly roll to another line featuring those characters using the crown or via a swipe to the watch face?

The dialpad as it appears/functions today, while dialing:User uploaded file

Includes the digits 0 thru 9, the + symbol and an empty key which becomes the phone icon to "send/initiate" the call as soon as the first character/number is entered. Once the call is initiated the dialpad becomes a traditional one with digits 0 thru 9 and the * and # characters added in...which doesn't help if you needed to enter those characters PRIOR to initiating the call.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.1, Dial Pad / Keypad Issue

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 5:50 PM

Hi

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

(You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community).

1 reply

Apple watch dialpad needs * and # keys added BEFORE call initiation...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.