Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sprint wifi calling not working after ios11.2 update

iPhone 7 just updated from 11.1.2 to 11.2. Sprint wifi calling stopped working. Is this an ios problem or a Sprint problem? There was no carrier update from Sprint. Nothing else changed. One minute working, the next minute not available. What's up?

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 5:29 PM

there is a carrier update released by Sprint

Settings > General > about

You should be prompted to install new carrier settings.

After installation, please re-start your phone.

Big thanks to Sprint on working to fix this.

12 replies

Dec 4, 2017 8:36 AM in response to vbg2

The first thing to try is a forced restart. After that the next thing to try is whether you have the same issue on a different network to rule out router issues on a specific network.

If it does not work also on a different network, contact Sprint and if Tier 1 support cannot help you escalate it to advanced support.

It is possible the issue is specific to your phone but without doing a lot of testing there is no way to know for sure. Since it was working fine and now is problematic with a software update the odds are there is a conflict somewhere that is not specific to your phone but may be specific to the model.

The more likely scenario is that there is a conflict between the carrier profile and iOS 11.2 that is impacting the functionality of that feature at least on your model.

Dec 4, 2017 8:44 AM in response to madra31

Thanks for answering. I have done a forced restart, turned the phone off and on, cycled WiFi calling off and on, reset the network, checked to make sure the phone was recognized by the network. I think your last conclusion is most likely correct about a conflict somewhere. WiFi calling will show for a minute or two and disappear. This has happened twice since the update.

Dec 4, 2017 4:41 PM in response to vbg2

Thank you for confirming my experience. The phone wants to join the wifi network but can't seem to hold on to it. All the conventional fixes and work arounds are ineffective which leads me to believe there is bug creating a conflict and further actions on my part are pointless. This is unfortunate as the Sprint signal is weak in my home and wifi calling has been very beneficial.

Dec 6, 2017 12:46 PM in response to beth1960

My daughter has the same problem I had apple look at and escalated to tier 2 they could not identify a problem after spending hours resetting everything and reloading and the same with sprint with advanced support. I think it is a problem with apples upgrade and they really need to look into it. I would be glad to have them look at my phone if it helps. Still does not work.

Dec 16, 2017 10:10 AM in response to vbg2

This is a follow up post. The Sprint carrier update seemed to be working. However, after updating to 11.2.1 the issue has returned in part. The phone will lose Sprint Wi Fi after sleeping overnight and will not reconnect unless I toggle off wi fi calling and then turn it back on. It seems to stay connected to Sprint Wi Fi as long as the phone is being used but seems to lose it overnight and has to be manually reconnected each day. Something is clearly still not working properly between iOS and Sprint's wi fi calling network.

Sprint wifi calling not working after ios11.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.