Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get old photos from broken iPhone?

I dropped the phone and it hasn’t worked since. But I need to rescue precious photos/videos from it.

Ive done a restore from backup to my ipad but the older ones didn’t transfer.

Ive connected broken phone to Mac and it is recognised but says can’t import photos because screen is locked. What do I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 4, 2017 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2017 3:49 PM

Some other possibilities:

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, you can use any computer and log in to www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there to see if you can see the photos. If so you can download them to a computer and if you replace the phone, you can turn iCloud Photo Library on in the new phone and they will sync to it. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but possibly did have iCloud backup turned on and have forgotten about it, the backup would have happened automatically while the phone was charging if wi-fi was available. If so, you can restore the entire phone (not just the photos) from iCloud to a replacement iPhone. iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2017 3:49 PM in response to Tonyturtle2

Some other possibilities:

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, you can use any computer and log in to www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there to see if you can see the photos. If so you can download them to a computer and if you replace the phone, you can turn iCloud Photo Library on in the new phone and they will sync to it. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but possibly did have iCloud backup turned on and have forgotten about it, the backup would have happened automatically while the phone was charging if wi-fi was available. If so, you can restore the entire phone (not just the photos) from iCloud to a replacement iPhone. iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

How to get old photos from broken iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.