Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archive Utility Error 1 - operation not permitted

Please help!

I'm unable to expand a zipped folder with hours of footage in it.

I'm using archive utility and the error message is "Unable to expand... into... . (Error 1 - operation not permitted)

Is there anything I can do?!

I've looked at console and some of the bad looking messages coming up are '0 is not a valid connection ID'

'Failed to composit image for descriptor', 'corrupt archive encountered, attempting to unpack anyway'

'LSSetApplicationInformationItem(NSCanQuitQuietlyAndSafely) returned error -50', 'bomCopierFatalError:Couldn't read pkzip signature', bomCopierFatalError:Not a central directory signature'

Thanks!!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2017 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2017 2:23 AM

Open Terminal from Applications/Utilities (or use Spotlight to find it).

Type unzip followed by a space; drag the file in question onto the Terminal window… the name & path should be completed for you. Press enter/return.

If there are no errors, the unzipped content should be in your Home folder (Users/Your name).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2017 2:23 AM in response to bowzzer

Open Terminal from Applications/Utilities (or use Spotlight to find it).

Type unzip followed by a space; drag the file in question onto the Terminal window… the name & path should be completed for you. Press enter/return.

If there are no errors, the unzipped content should be in your Home folder (Users/Your name).

Archive Utility Error 1 - operation not permitted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.