Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook keyboard troubles.

Got 2016 MacBook Pro and my F9/ next song key is working but not clicking like the other keys. Makes quieter click noise and needs to be pushed down little bit more further/pressed harder them the other keys to register like spongier if that makes sense just only notice really. Thought about taking the key of and cleaning it but don't want to damage it. Would anyone else have an idea on what could be wrong before I remove it. Also know how to remove the function keys is it like the main keys as I've seen some tutorials as to removing those keys.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Non Touch bar

Posted on Dec 5, 2017 1:42 AM

1 reply

Dec 5, 2017 5:49 PM in response to Drewbee_7226

Hey there, Drewbee_7226,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand you have concerns over the function of the F9 key on your keyboard. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend taking the MacBook Pro into an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have a Genius or Apple-certified technician take a look at the key. You can find locations, get contact information, and make reservations here: Apple - Find Locations .

You are also welcome to reach out to Apple Support directly to further review your options and get more information. You can do that here: Contact Apple Support .

Have a good day!

macbook keyboard troubles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.