Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings search not showing results

Hi,

I'm a veteran iPhone user.

Yesterday I moved to iPhone X (iOS 11.2).

After all the installation process, I noticed that the search inside the settings app doesn't work.

It's not showing any settings results. See attached photo for example. (Spotlight search do work though)

I did not find anything about it online, which is not typical for real bugs. Anyone encountered such behavior?

User uploaded file

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 5, 2017 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 1:28 AM

Is there a less rigorous way to fix this? Using this method, I have to customize hundreds of settings that I tweaked over the years (starting at iOS 3 and onwards, I never had to do a “reset all”). How can this be an acceptable solution to anyone?

4 replies

Dec 30, 2017 4:39 AM in response to striper72

Well, regardless if acceptable or not, I don’t think it’s too much effort.

I’m an iPhone user since day 1. I can’t say that resetting all settings made me too much troubles.

It was actually pretty nice to clean some old settings that were added during the years.

I was afraid to do so, but I think I’ll start resetting settings regularly when switching to a new phone.

Settings search not showing results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.