Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I approve my iphone on a windows computer?

How do I approve my iphone on a windows computer?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 6, 2017 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2017 9:47 PM

Thank you for the information. Finely after hours of looking someone gives me a straight answer. I must admit that this is really stupid on apple's part as most of the computers are non apple, but whatever. Now if I can just get that phone to stop asking for approval I will be happy. I hate to keep changing my password etc. Almost enough to make you go to a non apple phone.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2017 9:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for the information. Finely after hours of looking someone gives me a straight answer. I must admit that this is really stupid on apple's part as most of the computers are non apple, but whatever. Now if I can just get that phone to stop asking for approval I will be happy. I hate to keep changing my password etc. Almost enough to make you go to a non apple phone.

Dec 6, 2017 4:33 PM in response to Buck B

A code won't be sent to a non Apple Device/Computer.

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Dec 6, 2017 12:25 PM in response to Briansyddall

I said nothing about backup. I need to approve my iPhone on another device. The only other device I have is a windows computer. Thanks for the reply, but it is not at all what the question asked. If you have information on how to approve my iPhone on my computer then I am very interested.

Thanks for the time to reply

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Dec 6, 2017 12:08 PM in response to Buck B

Hi

You don't need to use your pc for backup for iPhone /ipad

Go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is on Then backup now over your wifi

When you charge an iphone /ipad it automatically backs up to iCloud Over your wifi.

Then if you get a replacement iPhone / you set up over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data on new apple devices

Go to i books download ios 11 user guide &iPhone 7 guide both are free.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

how do I approve my iphone on a windows computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.