Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configure Mail for LunarPages IMAP

Greetings,

If anyone has experience using LunarPages or an IMAP system with similar issues, please share!

Sent mail is not being saved to the server's sent folder so I can't see it through my webmail interface or when working on another computer. While typing messages for an extended period, I get the error message from Mail: "The message could not be saved."

I need pointers on what preferences I should use. When I don't select "store sent messages on server" they are archived locally. My preference is to have all my sent mail on the server.

I have "Store sent messages on the server" and "Automatically sync changed mailboxes" checked.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

Posted on Jan 16, 2007 7:24 PM

4 replies

Jan 17, 2007 11:17 AM in response to ShawnCSX

This account requires INBOX to be put in Preferences > Accounts > Advanced > IMAP Path Prefix for Mail to handle it properly.

After having done that, Mail should be able to properly save messages on the server, but maybe in a mailbox different from where you want them to be stored. To fix that, select the desired folder in Mail, and do Mailbox > Use This Mailbox For.

Configure Mail for LunarPages IMAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.