Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 update randomly capitalizes words

With the latest update my iPhone 6 randomly capitalizes words in the middle of a sentence. Any ideas how to fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 7, 2017 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 8:51 AM

Hi Schneidogg,

I understand that since updating your iPhone, random words will be capitalized. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend that you reset your keyboard dictionary and restart your iPhone:

Use international keyboards - iPhone User Guide

Reset your personal dictionary. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary. All custom words and shortcuts are deleted, and the keyboard dictionary returns to its default state.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2017 8:51 AM in response to Schneidogg

Hi Schneidogg,

I understand that since updating your iPhone, random words will be capitalized. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend that you reset your keyboard dictionary and restart your iPhone:

Use international keyboards - iPhone User Guide

Reset your personal dictionary. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary. All custom words and shortcuts are deleted, and the keyboard dictionary returns to its default state.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iOS 11 update randomly capitalizes words

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.