You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Skipping Apple Music Songs [solved]

Hi,

Since yesterday every time I try to play a new song from Apple music on iTunes (macOS), that song is automatically skipped without playing anything. If I try to play an album, it skips every song sequentially. Any song I've already listened to is played with no problems.

I tried deleting the cache, and now every song is skipped.

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks you.

EDIT: Whops, right after posting this question I saw someone else was having the same issue:

Apple Music Skips through tracks instead of playing them

The solution is to sign out and sign in again.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5), null

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 9:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Signing In and Out DOES NOT solve the problem. Sometimes it does for about 5 songs and then it starts right back up. Deauthorizing the computer DOES NOT solve the problem, nor does switching WiFi or rebooting the computer.

How about a REAL solution or even a real answer Apple!!!!!!!

17 replies

Apr 6, 2018 1:34 PM in response to Axiaga

I have this same issue. Apple music on my macbook pro will not play any songs in my apple music library or on their "browse" new apple music page.

I have tried deauthorizing, signing out, restarting, about a million times.

I've updated my OS, etc.

Apple music works fine on my phone.

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE FOR A PAID SERVICE, WHAT DO WE DO APPLE???

Mar 6, 2018 12:00 AM in response to Axiaga

Logging out and in does NOT work. iTunes has been skipping entire playlists since I started using Apple Music. In the past, syncing my iPhone to the laptop fixed it, but the problem would just reappear a few weeks later. This time, however, syncing did not work. Half of my songs won't ******* play now. Getting close to ditching Apple because of **** like this.

Apr 17, 2018 2:15 PM in response to Axiaga

Apple was able to resolve this skipping songs issue for me today. It was only happening on my macbook pro and we went in and added full permissions to my user profile, we also deleted some cookies related to itunes. This is not something I can relay here step by step, but they were very helpful in walking me through it on the phone. I hope this helps someone out there!

May 11, 2018 3:55 PM in response to Chris Milligan

I called Apple and they guided me through removing the iTunes cache on my Mac. Didn't take long and it solved the problem. Here's a guide to doing so for other reasons. Skip the delete album covers part, just log out, quit, remove your cache, then log in again. Worked for me.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/11/24/tip-delete-apple-music-cache-in-itunes-t o-reclaim-storage-space-on-your-mac/

iTunes Skipping Apple Music Songs [solved]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.