Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

K letter doesnt work - cant login

So something happened to my mac and the "K" key letter does not work, and unfortunately K is in my password so now i can't login, advice? i need to work tonight on my mac its very urgent!!! thank you

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 1:34 PM

5 replies

Dec 8, 2017 3:27 PM in response to mkaplanis

mkaplanis wrote:

no.. is there any shortcut i could use to make the virtual keyboard come up?

The virtual keyboard is not available for login. If by chance you had enabled the input menu in the login screen, you might be able to switch to another layout where k is on a different key. Without that, I think your only option is to buy or borrow a usb keyboard someplace. Any will do, it doesn't have to be "mac".

K letter doesnt work - cant login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.