Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unsecured Network"

After finally saying "yes" to a repeated prompt for a "Carrier Service" update, I am no longer able to connect to the WiFi at my place of work. It says that it is an "unsecured network", and I see no way of forcing it to still connect. As I spend a lot of time here, I would really like to have WiFi. I have tried to "forget network, then try again, without success. I have called IT @ my work, and nothing has been changed on their end. Please help!!

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 5:18 PM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2017 10:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for your response.

I did the Reset Network Settings without any luck. I've asked some of my coworkers if they have had a problem connecting, and it seems to be just me. I would hate to think there was a major security risk here -I work at a large hospital!

So first, I see the PHSguest WiFi that is not password protected - that I've connected to for years... Never really noticed if it always said "Insecure Network" though... So I click the little blue "i" circle icon to get prompted to Accept the Terms of Use....

User uploaded file

OK, clicked the "i".

Now from here, as usual, I click on the "Learn more about recommended settings for WiFi..." (Also do not remember all that Unsecured Network" stuff being there or not.

So at this point, I should be directed to a Webpage to accept the terms of service to use the hospital's WiFi. And it's just stuck... here...

User uploaded file

I wouldn't think that I would be the only one with this problem, as there are hundreds of employees here that connect to this WiFi everyday. I'm bewildered.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Dec 8, 2017 5:28 PM in response to emriggs

The carrier data update should have had no effect on Wi-Fi; that you coincidently had a problem connecting to Wi-Fi is just that, a coincidence. Go to Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings. You won't lose any data, but you will have to reënter any Wi-Fi passwords. The "Unsecured network" message is just a warning; it doesn't prevent you from connecting. However, if your place of work actually runs an unsecured network that is a really serious security risk for both you and the company, and perhaps you shouldn't be using that network. Or, you can try to convince them to switch to at least WPA2, and preferably WPA Enterprise.

"Unsecured Network"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.