Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i add the download folder to iphoto=sidebar on a 2015 macbook air [with high sierra]

how can i add the download folder to iphoto sidebar on a 2015 macbook air [with high sierra].

who know macs had become so obscure...

MacBook Air, high sierra 10.13.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 2:00 PM

"Add the download[s] folder"???

That seems like an unusual request (to say the least). Here's why:

• If you were going to add a folder, the "Pictures" folder seems much more logical than the "Downloads" folder. The "Downloads" folder may contain many items which are not pictures or photos.
  • The Photos sidebar displays items unrelated to folders, and does not include anything related to folders, or the data organization on your drive. Instead, the items are related to data organization within the Photos app. In particular, the items displayed (major categories) are:
    • Library
    • Shared
    • Albums
    • Projects
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 2:00 PM in response to fizzylifting

"Add the download[s] folder"???

That seems like an unusual request (to say the least). Here's why:

• If you were going to add a folder, the "Pictures" folder seems much more logical than the "Downloads" folder. The "Downloads" folder may contain many items which are not pictures or photos.
  • The Photos sidebar displays items unrelated to folders, and does not include anything related to folders, or the data organization on your drive. Instead, the items are related to data organization within the Photos app. In particular, the items displayed (major categories) are:
    • Library
    • Shared
    • Albums
    • Projects

how can i add the download folder to iphoto=sidebar on a 2015 macbook air [with high sierra]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.