Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

generated app password

since my iphone were broken i bought a samsung android phone LOLLIPOP version. downloaded the SYNC ICLOUD MAIL APP at Google Play but cant access it because we need to generate an app password for it. so i took my desktop now and tried to type in the link to icloud sign in because it was the instruction reflecting from that app i downloaded. but when i click on my manage acct at my profile it doesnt have an app generate password button.. how can i access my icloud mail thru my android phone?

null-OTHER, android mail

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 7:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 11:58 AM in response to dheiddys_girl

Hello dheiddys_girl,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you need to generate an app-specific password in order to use your Apple ID. I'm happy to help.

Please follow the steps below:
  1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
  3. Follow the steps on your screen.

After you generate your app-specific password, enter or paste it into the password field of the app as you would normally.

Using app-specific passwords

Have a great day!

generated app password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.