Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you get rid of “verification required” when buying a free app in the app store

whenever i try to install a FREE app, it always says verification required. how do i get rid of that?

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 8:13 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 11:01 AM in response to rgrace1216

Hi rgrace1216,

I see that you're running into a message that is asking you to verify your payment information when trying to download a free app on the App Store. You're curious how you might be able to remove this method of payment so that you're not asked to verify this information when downloading free apps. I'm happy to help.

What happens exactly when you input your payment information when it asks you to verify the information? Keep in mind that this is just for verification purposes; you will never be billed for apps labeled as free.

If you'd like to remove your current payment method and choose "None", take a look at the information here:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None. Learn what to do if you don't see None or can't select it.
    User uploaded file

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support
Take care.

how do you get rid of “verification required” when buying a free app in the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.