Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im a buying a laptop depending on their specs, which one should I buy, a MacBook PRO from 2014 or a MacBook AIR from 2017

PLEASE recommend me one depending on their specs.

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 7:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2017 8:08 PM in response to Isabrav21

It isn't really wise to buy either of these if you're looking for a decent amount of raw power.

I'm looking at basic specifications for both of these machines as I reply to this message. The only edge the pro has is a faster processor, however, it is also an older processor on an older architecture. Everything else seems to match up between the two, and you'd be better off buying the new MacBook Air.

HOWEVER - I highly suggest the MacBook Pro Early 2015. It's a fantastic machine, runs well, and has all the ports you could ever want, as compared to the newer MacBooks . Sure, it costs a little bit more than the others, but if you're looking for raw power, then it gives you the best bang for your buck considering it's dropped in price slightly.

Hope I helped.

Im a buying a laptop depending on their specs, which one should I buy, a MacBook PRO from 2014 or a MacBook AIR from 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.