Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modem/Router Combo

I currently use a Cisco DPC3008 cable modem and an Apple Time Capsule as my wireless router/backup utility. I'd

like to "declutter" and go to a single modem/router combo. Which would you recommend?

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 9:42 PM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2017 6:25 AM in response to billallen

Sorry, I do not understand whether you want to replace the Time Capsule with a modem/router....and give up your current backup ability with the Time Capsule hard drive.

Or

Whether you want to replace the modem with a modem/router. If that might be the case, then you would not need the routing capabilities of the Time Capsule, but you might be able to use it only as a backup device. This would not really "declutter" anything.....since you would still have 2 devices.....a modem/router and a Time Capsule.

And, you might not have thought about that fact that Apple does not officially support Time Machine backups using a third party router, if you intend to keep the Time Capsule.

If you really are looking for only a modem/router, I doubt that you will find one with a built in hard drive. But, the first place to start would be to find out which models your current Internet Service Provider supports. Once you have that list, post back with that information and ask other users to comment on their experience with one of the models on the approved list.

Modem/Router Combo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.