Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest iTunes version for Mac

Question 1: I seem to be unable to create a playlist in the latest iTunes version. Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this? I have turned off iCloud. I want nothing to do with iCloud--I do my own backing up to external drive.

Question 2: I have a cloud only by most of the sounds I have recently purchased or transferred from a personally owned CD. I can't seem to get them to download. A friend of mine thinks there is a glitch in the the iTunes program when it was being updated.

This is really frustrating.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 8:52 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2017 9:54 PM in response to Melinda from Iowa

Question 1: Create and share playlists - Apple Support

Question 2:

• Do you subscribe to Apple Music?
  • Do you subscribe to iTunes Match?

One of these subscriptions would cause the cloud to appear, and, in spite of your comment about "I have turned off iCloud", actually be storing music in the cloud. You should provide more details about exactly what happens when you click the cloud icon, and about exactly how your iTunes settings appear at iTunes > Preferences > General from iTunes' menu.

Latest iTunes version for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.