Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i transfer music not purchased from iTunes

I have music downloaded from CD on my device and want to transfer to my iTunes liberary

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 9:12 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 11:51 AM in response to Alasan

Hello Alasan,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you have some music you downloaded from CD on your iOS device and want to get it to the iTunes Library on your computer. How did you get the music from CD to your iOS device in the first place? If you transferred it from your computer, then it is already in your iTunes Library on your computer.

You cannot transfer music from your iOS device to your computer, but you can import the music from your CDs to your computer. The following support articles will walk you through importing the music to your iTunes, either on a Mac or Windows computer.

iTunes for Mac: Import songs from CDs

iTunes for Windows: Import songs from CDs​

Best regards.

how can i transfer music not purchased from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.