Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overcharging IPad Air 2

For the last 12 months or more I have had an issue with what I can only see as overcharging my IPad. If I allow it to charge to 100% it will shut down. From here on I have to repeatedly push the on switch until I can get it to start up again. In between these the low battery will show several times before the device will show the Apple symbol and attempt to boot up. However, even when you can get it to this point it invariably shuts straight back down and the cycle starts again. This will happen anything from around 6 to 10 times depending on how ’overcharged’ it was in the first place. To me it looks like it has to drain away some of the power so it can start up. Because of this I know have to use a timer so that it only charges for a few hours at a time and thus avoiding it to reach the 100% charge. I have searched endlessly for a solution to this so I would be very keen to hear if there is one out there.

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 11:27 PM

There are no replies.

Overcharging IPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.