Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s Malfunction

Hello Apple Support Community,

I could use your help on an important matter regarding the iPhone 5s sound/speaker.

May you please provide me with reasons why an iPhone 5s speaker will start malfunctioning? To be more specific, could you tell me reasons why it would become difficult to hear out of the speaker and or to start hearing static?

Also is there a simple fix for this any suggestions?

Thank you for your help in this matter, I highly value your all your expertized feedback!

iPhone 5s

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 9:32 PM

Hey, Tim.

I'm not going to lie, your voice has a hint of sarcasm in it.

The answer to your question is simply because of age and wear and tear. The iPhone 5S is a decently old phone now, turning 4 years old just 2 months ago. If you've had the phone for even 2 years, it would be hard for me to believe you've never dropped it or caused it any damage in any sort of way. Chances are, you've damaged this speaker yourself, is what I'm trying to say.

As far as a fix goes, you can take it to an Apple store and get it fixed, or just buy a new phone altogether. The SE shares the same form factor and looks, but boasts much better performance, thus I'd have to recommend that to you if you plan on upgrading. It's also not as expensive as other iPhones, so it doesn't completely break the bank.

Hope I helped.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2017 9:32 PM in response to Timecca

Hey, Tim.

I'm not going to lie, your voice has a hint of sarcasm in it.

The answer to your question is simply because of age and wear and tear. The iPhone 5S is a decently old phone now, turning 4 years old just 2 months ago. If you've had the phone for even 2 years, it would be hard for me to believe you've never dropped it or caused it any damage in any sort of way. Chances are, you've damaged this speaker yourself, is what I'm trying to say.

As far as a fix goes, you can take it to an Apple store and get it fixed, or just buy a new phone altogether. The SE shares the same form factor and looks, but boasts much better performance, thus I'd have to recommend that to you if you plan on upgrading. It's also not as expensive as other iPhones, so it doesn't completely break the bank.

Hope I helped.

iphone 5s Malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.