Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a circle with a line through it but I don’t have an iOS x disc to try and restore it. I believe the new update caused my computer to crash

I have a circle with a line through it but I don’t have an iOS x disc to try and restore it. I believe the new update caused my computer to crash

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Uses high sierra

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 10:10 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 4:06 AM in response to Aviator9492

There aren't any iOS disks, but that wouldn't help in the least since that is the software for an iPhone/iPad.

There are also not any macOS disks. You need to boot into Recovery or Internet Recovery and reinstall the OS.

About macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Just restart and hold down cmd-r until you see the Apple symbol or the spinning Globe (Internet Recovery).

If it doesn't boot into normal Recovery, then try Internet Recovery, but if it doesn't, you can try to force Internet Recovery with cmd-opt-r on restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.