Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard problems even after repair

Here is my story...

I purchased a Macbook Pro 15' w/ touchbar for around $3000 on January of 2017. Less than a year. Within this timeframe, my left speaker went out and my spacebar won't register when clicked. I took it to Apple and they said it needed to be repair but will be return in 3 to 5 days. I spoked with the manager directly about this is my primary work computer and cannot afford send it away to repair for that long. The only solution provided to me was to purchase another one to have a backup and or can return it after the repair is done. That is not a solution, so I waited for a month to take a week long vacation just to send this computer in. To my surprise, I waited almost 10 days until it was done. This got me into so much trouble at work. Now, less than 2 weeks later my A button on keyboard is getting stuck again and I have to wait until next Thursday just to see someone at the genius bar again. I am sure this need to get sent in again. I am so annoyed. Is there anyone with the same keyboard issue? I just got this macbook back for two weeks and this happens again. I have to wait another 10 days again for Apple to fix it again? Is there a fix for this without sending it in? I will be making a Youtube video about this whole Apple experience. This is really bad and I think I will look into Microsoft products after this.

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 9:54 PM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2017 10:10 PM in response to qwrqwerqwrqwrq

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a poor experience with your new MacBook Pro.

I always recommend checking out iFixit's amazing repair guides. Here is one on how to repair sticky keys:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+To+Fix+Sticky+Keyboard+Keys+on+a+MacBook/37709

Also, please don't bother mentioning you're going to check out Microsoft products. This is a user to user forum, so Apple doesn't intervene much at all. We understand you're frustrated.. If you're going to check out Microsoft products, then just go and check them out. We don't need to know.

Keyboard problems even after repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.