Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 Size

I’m not sure which size to go for is there much difference between the 38mm & 42mm, do you get better battery life on the 42mm? Are the sizes for male & female so then the 32mm would work better. Any advise would be great

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:02 AM

Hi

Anyone can wear whichever Apple Watch they prefer.

To compare the actual sizes of Apple Watch against your wrist:

• On your iPhone, open the Apple Store app:

Apple Store on the App Store

• Go to: Shop (tab) > Apple Watch > Shop all Apple Watch > select any model > tap on the blue link for "Compare case sizes".
  • Tap the 38mm and 42mm tabs to see the Apple Watch displayed at its actual size, for holding next to your wrist.

For all preconfigured combinations of Apple Watch and band, the product description in the Apple Online Store states the wrist circumference that the watch and band combination will fit.

For example:

Stated wrist sizes relate to the wrist circumference that the combination of band + case is designed to fit.

You may prefer to visit an Apple Store or Apple Reseller to try on different Apple Watch sizes before deciding which model to buy.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 10:02 AM in response to Lubel

Hi

Anyone can wear whichever Apple Watch they prefer.

To compare the actual sizes of Apple Watch against your wrist:

• On your iPhone, open the Apple Store app:

Apple Store on the App Store

• Go to: Shop (tab) > Apple Watch > Shop all Apple Watch > select any model > tap on the blue link for "Compare case sizes".
  • Tap the 38mm and 42mm tabs to see the Apple Watch displayed at its actual size, for holding next to your wrist.

For all preconfigured combinations of Apple Watch and band, the product description in the Apple Online Store states the wrist circumference that the watch and band combination will fit.

For example:

Stated wrist sizes relate to the wrist circumference that the combination of band + case is designed to fit.

You may prefer to visit an Apple Store or Apple Reseller to try on different Apple Watch sizes before deciding which model to buy.

Dec 9, 2017 10:02 AM in response to Lubel

The main factor in choosing the size is how big is your wrist. The 42mm watch may look quite large on a petit women's wrist. Even then it may be just a personal preference. The second factor to look at is how well you can see the screen. There is only a small difference in the screen size however the larger size is much easier on my older eyes.

I was consisting the 38mm model for my smallish to medium male wrists since I didn't want the watch to "stand out". I opted for the 42mm simply because the larger screen is easier for me to see.

Check out this article for more help. https://www.imore.com/which-apple-watch-size-should-you-get

The best is to see them in person at an Apple Store or a Best Buy and try them on. If this is not an option you can cut out a mockup of the 2 sizes out of thick cardboard, the dimensions are in the iMore article.

Apple Watch Series 3 Size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.