Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x SLOW and LAGGY

i recently got my iphone x and im a little bit disappointed because the

device feels very laggy. a lot of times when switching between apps

, minimizing apps, and SPECIALLY scrolling down in safari , youtube, and even

in setting, you can see slow downs, lags, hangs, and low fps animations.

I tried reseting it 2 times and also restored it 2 times and but doesnt help.

I run some benchmarks with antutu and 3dmark and geekbench and results are fine -

like any other iphone x and even better.

Im running the latest 11.2.

Any ideas? thoughts?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 4:37 AM

I tried to restore the phone 3 times the normal way using itunes and it didnt help.

NOW, i tried restore using RECOVERY MODE and WOW it is finally

fast and almost no lag at all! big difference!

I just dont understand how come a device that just arrived from

factory is so slow, and why i need to wipe it and restore it in order to get

it work properly . very very strange.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 4:37 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

I tried to restore the phone 3 times the normal way using itunes and it didnt help.

NOW, i tried restore using RECOVERY MODE and WOW it is finally

fast and almost no lag at all! big difference!

I just dont understand how come a device that just arrived from

factory is so slow, and why i need to wipe it and restore it in order to get

it work properly . very very strange.

Mar 17, 2018 4:38 PM in response to AppleSince

Thank you, your advice fixed the problem I was having with my iPhone X lagging between apps, occasionally closing apps, and processing slowly. Now, I’ve turned “reduce transparency” on and it’s almost as fast as it was when I got it.

User uploaded file

This is what he means by increasing contrast on certain things btw. No big deal if you’d prefer your phone to work faster

Feb 28, 2018 5:38 PM in response to Drorramat

I have my iPhone X and iPhone 6s Plus which just came back from battery repair. I have restored both phones from the same icloud backup. They are about as identical as they can be and yet performance isn't even close.

What's a little hard to describe is the circumstances needed to reproduce but it happens often and the most common use case for me is I get an update from Facebook or Twitter that something has just come in. If I click the notification then I'm brought to the App and often with the iPhone X I'm waiting for 30-40 seconds before the update is visible. On the iPhone 6s Plus it's about 1 second.

Sometimes on Facebook it's even worse, I just get brought to basic frame Facebook app frame and there's a blank white screen with a back arrow. It never loads. I don't ever remember this happening with the 6s Plus but I haven't tested this enough there to be sure.

😕

Mar 21, 2018 7:43 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Thank you William,

I almost always close out my apps when I’m finished with them. I checked my battery usage, and nothing seems out of the ordinary (I do spend a lot of time on safari, which was 24% of my battery life, but that sounds about right).

I’ve also tried Settings>>>General>>>Accesibility>>>Increase Contrast>>>“reduce transparency” because I saw where someone said that helps, and I can say it has helped significantly. But the problem is still there, with the glitching/lagging and unresponsiveness. And now my display doesn’t look as beautifully seamless as the software is intended to make it look.

Any other suggestions? This phone was $1149, and for it to be lagging like this is definitely frustrating.

Thanks,

Austin

Apr 23, 2018 11:11 PM in response to lancefromsoddy-daisy

The infamous Reset all settings did the Trick for me , now it's much smoother

The only issue that remains since ever is the magnifier that appears from time to time

when the accessibility zoom is on and without touching anything, just when switching iphone upside down

and vice versa ...

For iphone, reset all settings starts to become un simple reboot at windows os level ...

Jul 19, 2018 5:23 AM in response to Drorramat

This is likely due to the iOS 11.4 update. When I bought my iphone 8plus, it was working buttery smooth, but the moment I updated to 11.4 things started treading ever so slightly into the laggy category. And also with 3 gigs of RAM, you cannot multitask like crazy (if that is what you were doing)though I have seen videos on YouTube pretty much doing exactly that. But in real world usage you have lots of background apps that constantly refresh over the internet. My suggestion would be to kill/delete apps that you rarely use and keep background refresh ON for only those which are essential for your purpose and hope for iOS 12.

Iphone x SLOW and LAGGY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.