Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Classify an Import

Please help, my wife is pulling her hair out. She just imported a bunch of photos from her phone. She is trying to classify them by putting them in folders describing the event. She is doing this by dragging photos from the 'Last Import' view over into the newly created folders. However, once she drags photos over, they still appear in the 'Last Import' list. I understand the reason for this (because even though they are in a new folder, they are also still considered 'Last Import'). How can I create a Smart Album to show the 'last import' that has not been named in a photo or album? Can you classify an import?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:57 AM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 8:15 AM in response to Jason1001

I'm not sure you can but Try this (I can not test because High Sierra works differently)

make a new smart album (file menu ==> new smart album)

two criteria and meets all criteria

1 - Album - is not - any

2 - Album - is - last import

If this is not possible (and I think it probably is not) you can make the second criteria

Date - is -- [the date of the photos]

or

Date - is in the range - [the dates of the photos]

It probably will turn out that just being disciplined in adding photos to albums will be the best answer along with a smart album for -- Album - is not - any

LN

How to Classify an Import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.