Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring files from my old mac to my new mac using a caddy

I would like to transfer all my files and applications to my new mac. The apple store took my 1T seagate hard drive out and suggested I use a caddy for the transfer. Does anyone have any experience of this method. I am running MacOS High Sierra both on my old machine and the new one.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 3:57 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2017 9:03 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, Thanks for getting in touch. I have bought a new mac as the old mac was passed it. The store gave me my hard drive out of it. They suggested that I transfer my files using a caddy which I'v ordered. Thing is I haven't used one before so if you have what should I expect to see on the screen. Does it give me a choice as to what I want or is it "all or nothing" I would be most grateful if you could give me some tips. ````oh by the way I am quite old.

Transferring files from my old mac to my new mac using a caddy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.