Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I delete data when returning defective unit?

I have received a replacement iPad Pro, because my old iPad (under apple warranty still) had a problem with the internal speaker for Alarm and Tmer was not working properly (not very loud at all). I could hear iTunes with no problems, but the Timer and Alarm clock ringer would not be aloud enough to wake a flea.

I followed Apples written instructions to back it up (support.apple.com/HT201557). Since I do not have a SIM card to transfer, it tells me to turn it off and pack it up to ship back to Apple.

My question is this: Shouldn't I be deleting my data off this unit? They already shipped me the new replacement iPad. No where in the documentation that came with the new iPad Pro does it say to restore to original configuration before I send it back.

Thanks for the help!

Donna

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 2:41 AM

Yes, you should remove all of your content from the iPad and reset it back to factory defaults (including turning off activation lock if it's enabled) : Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

2 replies

Do I delete data when returning defective unit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.