Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iMac Community Safari Bug?

I open to page one of the iMac Community, but when I try to go beyond

page one, there are no posts. All I get is a list of top contributors.

Other communities, High Sierra, MacMini, etc., are fine.

???????

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13), Thunderbolt display

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 9, 2017 8:26 AM in response to woodmeister50 In response to woodmeister50

Yes, that is what happens to me, too when attempting to view additional pages in iMac section.

Of course I'd attempted to reply elsewhere to a different ASC section; and found my effort most

difficult with short windows of opportunity (timed-out too quick, and loaded slower, also) there.

So perhaps this single issue should be reported. At near 3:40 AM in my vicinity, I'll not likely be

one to do so; since sleep is a higher priority after mucking about with other issues here tonight.

You may be able to find older posts by accessing thread content from within your user profile.

That's how I find most of the old ones; and have several windows open whilst doing so.

In any event...

Good luck in this matter! 🙂

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 9, 2017 8:26 AM in response to woodmeister50 In response to woodmeister50

Yes, that is what happens to me, too when attempting to view additional pages in iMac section.

Of course I'd attempted to reply elsewhere to a different ASC section; and found my effort most

difficult with short windows of opportunity (timed-out too quick, and loaded slower, also) there.

So perhaps this single issue should be reported. At near 3:40 AM in my vicinity, I'll not likely be

one to do so; since sleep is a higher priority after mucking about with other issues here tonight.

You may be able to find older posts by accessing thread content from within your user profile.

That's how I find most of the old ones; and have several windows open whilst doing so.

In any event...

Good luck in this matter! 🙂

Dec 9, 2017 8:26 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 9, 2017 8:47 AM in response to woodmeister50 In response to woodmeister50

Same here

My bet is that there is something terribly wrong in the iMac_intel database (all "content" has its own DB in JiveSoftware)

Use the page nav arrow on this page > iMac > https://discussions.apple.com/community/desktop_computers/imac_intel/content

the URL for tha "next" page is https://discussions.apple.com/community/desktop_computers/imac_intel/content?start=20

Big Red Alert Banner repeatedly for me

I will report this to Community Operations - it's the weekend, so I would not expect a fix anytime soon

Dec 9, 2017 8:47 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 10, 2017 7:03 PM in response to woodmeister50 In response to woodmeister50

Confirmed I can now load pages 1 through 3 within the Desktop>iMac sub-forum now for the first time this weekend however clicking on page 4 brings back the top contributors page again. Sounds like repairs are at least in progress now.

<edited by poster for accuracy>

Dec 10, 2017 7:03 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 9:03 AM in response to woodmeister50 In response to woodmeister50

My guess is that what we are seeing is the list of threads growing with NEW THREADS from some point in time when ALL older ones were lost somehow

The bucket was emptied and now is being filled up again slowly ??

Earliest one that I see in "/content" view is

how to clean your mac for optimizingperformance

December 10, 2017 3:30 AM by anadeco

Dec 11, 2017 9:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: woodmeister50

Question: iMac Community Safari Bug?