Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Community Safari Bug?

I open to page one of the iMac Community, but when I try to go beyond

page one, there are no posts. All I get is a list of top contributors.

Other communities, High Sierra, MacMini, etc., are fine.

???????

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13), Thunderbolt display

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 4:32 AM

19 replies

Dec 9, 2017 8:47 AM in response to woodmeister50

Same here

My bet is that there is something terribly wrong in the iMac_intel database (all "content" has its own DB in JiveSoftware)

Use the page nav arrow on this page > iMac > https://discussions.apple.com/community/desktop_computers/imac_intel/content

the URL for tha "next" page is https://discussions.apple.com/community/desktop_computers/imac_intel/content?start=20

Big Red Alert Banner repeatedly for me

I will report this to Community Operations - it's the weekend, so I would not expect a fix anytime soon

Dec 9, 2017 8:26 AM in response to woodmeister50

Yes, that is what happens to me, too when attempting to view additional pages in iMac section.

Of course I'd attempted to reply elsewhere to a different ASC section; and found my effort most

difficult with short windows of opportunity (timed-out too quick, and loaded slower, also) there.

So perhaps this single issue should be reported. At near 3:40 AM in my vicinity, I'll not likely be

one to do so; since sleep is a higher priority after mucking about with other issues here tonight.

You may be able to find older posts by accessing thread content from within your user profile.

That's how I find most of the old ones; and have several windows open whilst doing so.

In any event...

Good luck in this matter! 🙂

Dec 11, 2017 9:53 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

ChitlinsCC wrote:

My guess is that what we are seeing is the list of threads growing with NEW THREADS from some point in time when ALL older ones were lost somehow

The bucket was emptied and now is being filled up again slowly ??

Somewhat scary thought with the fumbles from Apple lately.

QA and reliability taking a backseat to flashiness and hype?

Dec 11, 2017 11:09 AM in response to woodmeister50

Apple is in the process of re-authoring the SiteWare in-house

They "say" that they will be "phasing it in" without downtime to "switch engines"

This would be like changing motors on a race car while it was barreling around the track

- as an old coder, I do not see how that it is possible

JiveSoftware - at least the AppleJiveWare that has been radically modified over the years - has been very "glitchy" ever since I have been active here

As complicated as JiveWare is, I am not surprised when a gremlin gets into the system. I would give a summary of how it is designed, but it seems almost time for that to be moot

Dec 11, 2017 11:27 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

ChitlinsCC wrote:

Apple is in the process of re-authoring the SiteWare in-house

They "say" that they will be "phasing it in" without downtime to "switch engines"

This would be like changing motors on a race car while it was barreling around the track

- as an old coder, I do not see how that it is possible

My coding has been limited to embedded hardware and the

occasional embedded webserver, but it would seem that

"switching over" from old to new could be as simple as changing

where a URL points to and opening a different "site". That way

you have a very fast way to get back to the old if the new is

majorly broke. Then again, maybe that would be to simple for

some software engineers.

Dec 11, 2017 11:40 AM in response to woodmeister50

Yeah but...!!! 😉

That's how one would normally do it.

Test the new dealio offline - then make a BIG switch

The problem is, that is NOT what "they" said that would happen!!

Now, the whole thing is a combination of traditional "URL directory" info architecture AND database architecture

The "forums" are URL all the way

The content & userdata are a hybrid = message #s & username (which really translates to a user number for DB purposes in the background)

Apple's re-authoring of a "mature & robust" collaboration software is a big deal - not that Apple does not have the talent in the OS & software groups

"gradually" migrating just blows my mind

iMac Community Safari Bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.